Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade
Australia's relationship with Timor-Leste
Terms of Reference
The Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee of the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade shall inquire into and report on Australia's relationship with Timor-Leste, with special emphasis on:
- bilateral relations at the parliamentary and government levels;
- aid, including support with governance issues;
- economic issues, including trade and investment;
- cultural, educational and scientific relations and exchanges;
- people to people links; and
- defence cooperation and those aspects of regional security that affect Timor-Leste.
The Committee will consider both the current situation and opportunities for the future.