Australian Parliamentary Fellowship
Australian Parliamentary Fellowship provides support to an early career scholar
to research and write a monograph for publication. The research must relate to
the way Parliament functions, the way senators and members operate, or examine
how a broad issue in national politics is dealt with in the Parliament.
is offered periodically and is of flexible duration (up to six months full-time
with provision for part-time or broken periods of employment).
purpose of the Fellowship is to:
- contribute to scholarship on the
Parliament and its work
- promote knowledge and understanding of the
- raise awareness of the role of the
Library’s research service
- provide a researcher with work experience
in the parliamentary environment
- support early career scholars.
Candidates must have completed and been awarded a PhD within the
last three years and have:
- a proven research and writing record
- a capacity to deliver a quality monograph
- a service orientation
- judgement, discretion, integrity,
flexibility and self-motivation
- the capacity to work individually or as a
member of a team.
Applicants must submit an outline of their research proposal
with their application.