Thank you for your interest in employment with the Department of the Senate. The following information may assist you when preparing your application and understanding the recruitment process.
- Read the job description, which includes the duties and selection criteria, and other information provided.
- Take the opportunity to seek clarification or additional information from the contact officer.
- Submit your application via the online recruitment system. Applications sent by other methods may not be accepted.
- Include your résumé and a statement of claims against each of the selection criterion in your application. These documents will support the selection advisory committee in assessing your suitability for the position. It is important that you provide sufficient evidence in your application to support your claims against the criteria (i.e. include an outline of relevant skills, knowledge and experience against each selection criterion).
- There is generally no word limit to your response for each criterion however there is a 14,500 character limit imposed by the online recruitment system.
- Submit your application by the closing date and time. The closing time for all applications is 5:00pm (AEST). The department does not accept late applications unless there are extenuating circumstances. If such circumstances exist, you are required to contact the Human Resource Management section before the closing time of the vacancy (i.e. during standard business hours). Documentary evidence may be required for those seeking an extension (e.g. a medical certificate or statutory declaration).
For further information on applying for a position with the department please view the following video: