- the prevalence of different types of speech, language and communication disorders and swallowing difficulties in Australia;
- the incidence of these disorders by demographic group (paediatric, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities);
- the availability and adequacy of speech pathology services provided by the Commonwealth, state and local governments across health, aged care, education, disability and correctional services;
- the provision and adequacy of private speech pathology services in Australia;
- evidence of the social and economic cost of failing to treat communication and swallowing disorders; and
- the projected demand for speech pathology services in Australia.
Committee Secretariat contact:
Senate Standing Committees on Community Affairs
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
Phone: +61 2 6277 3515
Fax: +61 2 6277 5829
About this inquiry
An inquiry into the prevalence of different types of speech, language and communication disorders and speech pathology services in Australia.
If you require any special arrangements to enable you to participate in the Committee's inquiry, please contact the Committee Secretariat.
Further information regarding accessibility can be found at www.aph.gov.au/Help/Accessibility