Visitors to Parliament House may view the proceedings of both the House of Representatives and the Senate from the Public Galleries in the Chambers whenever the Houses are in session. At other times when Parliament House is open visitors may visit the Public Galleries.
Visitors to the Chamber Galleries must:
• Undergo secondary security screening
• Place bags, hats, cameras, mobile telephones, iPods and other electrical equipment in the cloak room
• Be silent in the galleries; applause is not permitted during proceedings
• Not record, film or photograph proceedings or persons in the galleries
• Not disrupt proceedings
• Comply with instructions given by security staff
Failure to observe these instructions may result in removal from the galleries.