- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Fairfax, Queensland, 2013. Retired prior to general elections 2016.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Economics from 4.12.13 to 9.5.16; Infrastructure and Communications from 4.12.13 to 13.10.15.
- Joint Select: Trade and Investment Growth from 2.10.14 to 9.5.16.
- Party positions
- Leader, Palmer United Party from 2013.
- Born 26.3.1954, Melbourne, Vic.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Executive Chair, Mineralogy Pty Ltd 1985-2014.
- Owner, Waratah Coal Pty Ltd 2008-14; Chair 2008-10.
- Chair, Queensland Nickel Pty Ltd 2009-14.
Location: coastal and inland region north of Brisbane; it includes the centres of Buderim, Coolum Beach, Eumundi, Kenilworth, Mapleton, Maroochydore, Nambour, Palmwoods, Peregian Springs, Woombye and Yandina.
Area: 1036 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 95 488 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: avocados, ginger, fruit juice, tropical fruits, dairy and beef cattle, tourism, construction, small business and infrastructure industries.
State electorates: Fairfax includes the Queensland Legislative Assembly electorate of Buderim, and parts of Glass House, Maroochydore, Nicklin and Noosa.