- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Calare, New South Wales, 1996, 1998, 2001 and 2004. Retired prior to general elections 2007.
- Died 3.11.2007.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Primary Industries, Resources and Rural and Regional Affairs from 29.5.96 to 31.8.98; Primary Industries and Regional Services from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Transport and Regional Services from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04.
- Born 28.8.1946, Gulargambone, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (Macquarie).
- Teaching certificate (Alexander Mackie College).
- Teacher 1965-68.
- Television producer 1968-76.
- Radio and television news editor 1977-96.
Location: central eastern New South Wales; it includes the centres of Bathurst, Blayney, Canowindra, Cowra, Eugowra, Lithgow, Molong, Oberon, Orange, Portland, Wallerawang and Yeoval.
Area: 21 621 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 88 134 (at 9.10.04).
Industries: coal and gold mining, flour milling, fruit growing, timber, vineyards, wool mills, food processing, transport, education, whitegoods manufacturing, agriculture and pastoral.
State electorates: Calare includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorates of Bathurst, Blue Mountains, Dubbo and Orange.