- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Greenway, New South Wales, 2004 and 2007.
- Re-elected following the 2009 electoral redistribution for Macquarie, New South Wales 2010 and 2013. Defeated at general elections 2016.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Education and Vocational Training from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Family and Human Services from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Family, Community, Housing and Youth from 11.3.08 to 25.9.08; Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 4.12.13 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 25.9.08 to 19.7.10; Migration from 25.10.10 to 9.5.16(Chair from 12.12.13 to 9.5.16).
- Joint Select: Christmas Island Tragedy from 22.3.11 to 29.6.11.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Immigration and Citizenship from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08.
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 22.9.08 to 14.9.10. Shadow Minister for Veterans' Affairs from 22.9.08 to 14.9.10.
- Party positions
- Member, Liberal Party Windsor Branch.
- Born 6.9.1958, Epping, New South Wales.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BSocW (UNSW).
- Senior Social Worker, Dept of Social Security.
- Manager, Family Support Services, Wesley Mission.
- TAFE teacher.
- Couple and family counsellor.
- Manager, Family Counselling and Medical Centre.
Location: Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury areas west of Sydney; it includes the centres of Blackheath, Blaxland, Bligh Park, Glenbrook, Katoomba, McGraths Hill, North Richmond, Pitt Town, Richmond, Springwood and Windsor.
Area: 4374 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 100 681 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: tourism, mixed farming, arts and crafts, horse breeding and training, printing and publishing, small manufacturing, higher education, Glenbrook and Richmond RAAF bases.
State electorates: Macquarie includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorate of Blue Mountains, and parts of Hawkesbury and Penrith.