- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for North Sydney, New South Wales, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Resigned 23.10.15.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Financial Services and Regulation from 21.10.98 to 26.11.01.
- Minister for Small Business and Tourism from 26.11.01 to 26.10.04.
- Minister for Human Services from 26.10.04 to 30.1.07.
- Minister Assisting the Minister for Workplace Relations from 10.8.06 to 30.1.07.
- Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations from 30.1.07 to 3.12.07.
- Minister Assisting the Minister for the Public Service from 30.1.07 to 3.12.07.
- Treasurer from 18.9.13 to 21.9.15.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Environment, Recreation and the Arts from 30.5.96 to 31.8.98; Financial Institutions and Public Administration from 29.5.96 to 31.8.98; Economics from 10.11.08 to 11.8.09.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 6.12.07 to 18.9.13. Shadow Minister for Health and Ageing from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08; Shadow Minister for Finance, Competition Policy and Deregulation from 22.9.08 to 16.2.09; Shadow Treasurer from 16.2.09 to 18.9.13.
- Manager of Opposition Business in the House from 12.2.08 to 16.2.09.
- Party positions
- Former State President, Young Liberal Movement (NSW).
- Born 2.8.1965, Sydney, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA, LLB (Syd).
- Director of Policy to the Premier of New South Wales.
- Banking and finance lawyer, Corrs Chambers Westgarth.
Description: inner metropolitan.
Location: central and lower northern Sydney; it includes the suburbs of Artarmon, Castle Cove, Cammeray, Castlecrag, Crows Nest, Greenwich, Henley, Hunters Hill, Huntleys Point, Kirribilli, Lane Cove, Lane Cove North, Lane Cove West, Lavender Bay, Linley Point, Longueville, McMahons Point, Milsons Point, Naremburn, North Willoughby, Northbridge, North Sydney, Northwood, Riverview, St Leonards, Waverton, Willoughby, Willoughby East, Wollstonecraft, Woolwich and parts of Chatswood, Chatswood West, Cremorne, Gladesville and Neutral Bay.
Area: 48 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 101 333 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: communications, property and business services, and wholesale and retail industries.
State electorates: North Sydney includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorates of Davidson, Lane Cove, North Shore and Willoughby.