- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for McMillan, Victoria, 1998 and 2001. Defeated at general elections 2004.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Industry, Science and Resources from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry from 20.3.02 to 13.5.04.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Communications from 25.11.01 to 18.2.03; Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Regional Development, Transport, Infrastructure and Tourism from 18.2.03 to 8.12.03; Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Urban and Regional Development, Transport, Infrastructure and Tourism from 8.12.03 to 22.10.04.
- Party positions
- Delegate, ALP Youth Conference from 1992.
- Member, Young Labor Executive (Vic) 1993, 1995, 1996; State Secretary, Young Labor (Vic) 1996.
- Secretary, McMillan Federal Electoral Assembly 1995-96.
- Delegate, ALP State Conference (Vic) from 1997.
- Born 8.4.1973 at Pieta, Malta.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BEc (La Trobe).
- Electorate officer to B Cunningham, MP 1994-96.
- Project Leader (Finance), Gippsland Water 1996-97.
- Chief Executive Officer, Aboriginal Health Service, Morwell, Vic 1997-98.
Location: south-eastern Victoria; it includes the centres of Boolarra, Churchill, Darnum, Drouin, Erica, Moe, Morwell, Neerim South, Pakenham, Thorpdale, Trafalgar, Traralgon, Walhalla, Warragul, Yarragon and Yinnar.
Area: 5744 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 85 551 (at 10.11.01).
Industries: dairy farming, coal mining, power generation, paper manufacturing, fruit, forestry, potato growing, sawmilling and tourism.
State electorates: McMillan includes the Victorian Legislative Assembly electorate of Narracan, and parts of Gippsland South, Gippsland West, Morwell and Pakenham.