- Parliamentary service
- State: elected to the NSW Legislative Assembly for Burrinjuck 19.3.1988. Resigned 1.9.1998.
- Federal: elected to the House of Representatives for Hume, New South Wales, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010. Retired prior to general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 18.2.08.
- Committee service
- State: Joint Estimates: Committee on Law and Justice 1991; Agricultural and Rural Affairs; Justice and Emergency Services; Police; Public Works and Roads; Transport 1992-98.
- Legislation: National Parks and Wildlife (Aboriginal Ownership) Bill 1992; South East Forest Protection Bill 1992.
- Joint Select: Constitution (Fixed Term Parliament) Bill from 1.9.92 to 13.1.93.
- Committee on the Office of the Ombudsman from 1.9.92 to 27.10.92.
- House Committee 1995 and from 24.4.96 to 2.5.96.
- Federal: House of Representatives Standing: Family and Community Affairs from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Primary Industries and Regional Services from 29.3.01 to 8.10.01; Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry from 20.3.02 (Chair from 8.12.04) to 17.10.07; Primary Industries and Resources from 11.3.08 to 19.7.10; Agriculture, Resources, Fisheries and Forestry from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Employment and Workplace Relations from 20.3.02 to 19.8.02; Transport and Regional Services from 20.3.02 to 17.10.07.
- House of Representatives Select: Recent Australian Bushfires from 27.3.03 to 5.11.03.
- Joint Statutory: National Crime Authority from 5.10.00 to 11.2.02.
- Joint Standing: Migration from 20.3.02 to 19.8.02.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, 103rd IPU Conference, Amman, Jordan and bilateral visit to Tanzania, April-May 2000.
- Attended 13th Annual APPF and Parliamentary Delegation to Vietnam, January 2005.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Trinidad and Tobago and USA, July 2006.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Saudi Arabia and China, June-July 2007.
- Parliamentary party positions
- State: Secretary to Shadow Cabinet (NSW), March 1996 to August 1998.
- Party positions
- Member, Liberal Party from 1984.
- Field Officer, Liberal Party (NSW) 1984-88.
- Born 29.5.1939, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Died 14.7.2015.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Diploma in Meat Industry Management (UNSW).
- Meat processing industry consultant 1953-84.
- Party official (see Party positions above) 1984-88.
- Member, Legislative Assembly, New South Wales (see Parliamentary service above) 1988-98.
- Local government service
- Councillor, Cootamundra Shire Council 1983-91.
Location: south-west New South Wales; it includes the centres of Bargo, Binalong, Boorowa, Bundanoon, Cootamundra, Cowra, Crookwell, Goulburn, Grenfell, Gundaroo, Gunning, Harden/Murrumburrah, Jugiong, Marulan, Murrumbateman, Picton, Sutton, Tahmoor, Tarago, Thirlmere, Wilton, Yass and Young.
Area: 33 637 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 97 698 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: mixed farming, grazing, fat lambs, fruit, vegetables, wine, timber and textiles.
State electorates: Hume includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorates of Burrinjuck, Goulburn, Monaro and Wollondilly.