- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Oxley, Queensland, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Retired prior to general elections 2016.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 27.2.12 to 13.3.12.
- Ministerial appointments
- Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business from 25.3.13 to 18.9.13.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer from 5.3.12 to 18.9.13.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Transport and Regional Services from 2.12.04 to 17.10.07; Tax and Revenue from 22.10.15 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Statutory: Public Works from 8.12.98 to 17.10.07 and from 25.10.10 to 14.3.12; Corporations and Financial Services from 18.2.08 to 14.3.12 (Chair from 18.2.08 to 14.3.12).
- Joint Standing: Migration from 8.12.98 to 31.8.04; Treaties from 2.12.04 to 17.10.07; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 18.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Select: Cyber-Safety from 18.3.10 to 19.7.10; Australia's Clean Energy Future Legislation from 14.9.11 to 7.10.11.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure from 26.10.04 to 24.6.05.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Industry, Infrastructure and Industrial Relations from 24.6.05 to 10.12.06.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Industry and Innovation from 10.12.06 to 3.12.07.
- Shadow Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation from 18.10.13 to 13.10.15.
- Shadow Minister for Sport from 18.10.13 to 13.10.15.
- Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader for Small Business from 18.10.13 to 13.10.15.
- Party positions
- Branch President 1994-96.
- Branch Secretary 1996-99.
- Branch Treasurer 1996-99.
- Delegate, ALP State Conference (Qld) from 1997.
- Born 6.1.1966, Pezenas, France.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BBus (Mkt) (QUT).
- Electrician 1986-90.
- Union Organiser, State Public Services Federation of Queensland 1995-98.
- Military Service
- Apprentice aircraft electrician, RAAF 1983-84.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: south-east Queensland to the south west of Brisbane; it includes the centres of Augustine Heights, Bellbird Park, Brookwater, Camira, Carole Park, Darra, Doolandella, Durack, Ellen Grove, Forest Lake, Gailes, Goodna, Heathwood, Inala, Jamboree Heights, Jindalee, Middle Park, Mt Ommaney, Pallara, Redbank, Richlands, Riverhills, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Sinnamon Park, Sumner, Springfield, Springfield Lakes, Wacol, and parts of Collingwood Park and Redbank Plains.
Area: 155 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 86 841 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: railway workshops, industrial, light industrial and commercial activities.
State electorates: Oxley includes parts of the Queensland Legislative Assembly electorates of Algester, Bundamba, Inala, Mount Ommaney and Sunnybank.