- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Braddon, Tasmania, 2016. Resigned 10.5.18.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Agriculture and Water Resources from 15.9.16 to 10.5.18 (Deputy Chair from 19.6.17 to 10.5.18).
- Joint Standing: Public Works from 15.9.16 to 10.5.18.
- Party positions
- Member, ALP, from 2002.
- Delegate, ALP State Conference, 2008.
- Delegate, ALP National Conference, 2009.
- Member, ALP Administration Committee, 2009-12.
- Vice President, Leven Branch ALP, 2009-11; 2013.
- President, Leven Branch ALP, 2011-12; 2014-16.
- Born 18.3.1975, Devonport, Tas.
- De Facto.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (U. Tas.)
- B. Environmental Impact Assessment (Murdoch).
- Post Grad. Dip. Environmental Management (Murdoch).
- Grad. Dip. Psych. (Monash).
- Assistant manager, Coles Supermarket, 1994-96.
- Traffic clerk, Southern Cross TV, 1996-99.
- Traffic clerk, WIN TV WA, 1999-2002.
- Administrative assistant, Hon. Bryan Green MHA, Minister for Environment, Water and Primary Industries (Tas.), 2002-04.
- Personal Assistant, Department for Constitutional Affairs (London, UK), 2005-06.
- Personal Assistant, Hon. BA Green MHA, Deputy Premier of Tasmania, 2004-05.
- Adviser, Hon. LT Giddings MHA, Premier of Tasmania, 2013-14.
- Electorate Officer, 2007-13; 2014-16.
- Local government service
- Alderman, Devonport City Council, 2009-16.
Location: north-west and west Tasmania; it includes the cities of Burnie and Devonport, and the towns of Currie, Latrobe, Penguin, Queenstown, Rosebery, Smithton, Somerset, Stanley, Strahan, Ulverstone, Waratah, Wynyard and Zeehan. It also includes King Island.
Area: 20 826 sq km.
Electors enrolled: 72 529 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: forestry, fishing, aquaculture, kelp harvesting, dairying, beef cattle production; vegetable, poppy and pyrethrum growing; vegetable processing, cheese manufacture, sawmilling and wood chipping; mining and tourism; and the Burnie and Devonport sea ports.