Following ongoing discussions with Commonwealth and ACT health officials and agencies, the following settings in Parliament House will be put in place for the opening of the 47th Parliament on Tuesday 26 July 2022 and the following sitting fortnight:
- The use of face masks is strongly encouraged within Parliament House where physical distancing is not possible. Whilst in the Chamber, it is often impracticable for the Prime Minister, Leader of the Opposition and the Speaker to wear masks.
- Staff can continue to work from the building where it suits both employers and employees, in accordance with ACT Health advice.
- Parliament House will remain open to the public.
- The galleries in each chamber will be closed to the public on 26 July and capacity will be reduced to enable greater distancing.
- Chairs and tables will remain in all catering outlets but with greater distancing and queueing guidance.
- The Parliament Shop will remain open.
- The Health and Recreation Centre will remain open in line with ACT Health Guidelines.
- The Hair and Nail Salon is available for appointments.
- Inside and outside events will be permissible and run according to ACT Health Guidelines. They will require a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Face mask packs are available at all entrances. Please place used masks in the dedicated bins provided around Parliament House or seal used masks in a plastic zip lock bag and put them in your bin.
All building occupants and visitors are reminded to:
- Not attend the building if you are feeling unwell, even if you have had a negative rapid antigen test.
- Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and follow ACT Health advice.
- Continue to follow strict COVID-safe hygiene and physical distancing requirements.
- Use the masks and hand sanitiser that are available throughout the building.
- Entry to the building will be taken as confirmation that you do not have symptoms and have complied with ACT Health advice.
The situation will be closely monitored, and any changes will be communicated to building occupants.