On 12 December 2013, the Senate referred the inquiry into the delivery of quality and affordable early childhood education to the Education and Employment References Committee for inquiry and report 17 June 2014. The committee agreed that submissions should be received by 14 March 2014.
On 17 June 2014, the Committee received an extension to report by 15 July 2014.
The delivery of quality and affordable early childhood education and care services, including:
- outcomes for children in early childhood education and care services, including:
- workforce factors such as stability, qualifications and wage rates,
- quality regulation (including staff-to-child ratios),
- participation and access to services, and
- environments for learning;
- a progress report into the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF), including targets met and those working toward;
- parents’ experiences of the outcomes of the NQF;
- impacts of the announced government amendments to the NQF, and the outcomes for children and early childhood education and care services; and
- any other related matters.