Schedule of Public Hearings for 2015:
The committee has agreed to conduct the following hearings:
13 March 2015
A pre-implementation sector readiness forum on the National Disability Insurance Scheme
BRISBANE QLD: Avenir Room, Ibis Hotel.
27 March 2015
1. Review of the implementation of the ACT National Disability Insurance Scheme Trial. 9.00am - 1.00pm.
2. Role of advocacy services in the National Disability Insurance Scheme, 2.00pm – 5.00pm. CANBERRA ACT: Parliament House, Committee Room 2S3.
8 April 2015
Review of the implementation of the Western Australian 'My Way' trial in the Lower South West, WA.
BUSSELTON WA: Details to be advised
9 April 2015
Review of the implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Perth Trial.
PERTH WA: Details to be advised
The Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) was established on 2 December 2013 when the Senate agreed to a resolution from the House of Representatives, passed on 21 November 2013. The committee is composed of six Members and six Senators.
The committee is tasked with:
- reviewing the implementation of the NDIS;
- reviewing the administration and expenditure of the NDIS;
- reviewing any matter in relation to the NDIS referred to the committee by a resolution of either House of the Parliament;
The committee's focus is therefore on the implementation and administration of the scheme. Unless otherwise stated, the committee will only accept submissions and correspondence that are directly and principally related to the implementation and administration of the NDIS.
The committee has not been established to inquire into the case for having the NDIS. These issues have already been addressed by the Community Affairs Legislation Committee as part of its inquiry into the NDIS Bill 2012.
The committee does not have the ability to examine, advise on, or advocate for individual cases. People with concerns about these matters should contact the National Disability Advocacy Program.
After 30 June each year, the committee has been asked to present an annual report to the Parliament on the activities of the committee during the year. The report should include reference to the National Disability Insurance Scheme Board quarterly and annual reports provided by the Standing Council on Disability Reform.