More than 100,000 students visit Parliament House each year as part of organised school visits. While in Parliament House students can participate in the Parliamentary Education Program for 1 hour, participate in a guided tour which includes a visit to both Chambers, and enjoy refreshments in the hospitality area provided by the Parliament.
The School Visits Program is managed by the Serjeant-at-Arms' Office. Inquiries about the Program can be made by telephoning 1800 646 337 (free call) or 02 6277 4570 or emailing email@example.com. To book please complete the School Booking form and fax to 02 6277 8416.
Parliament House school bookings dates
Please note that:
- bookings will be received from the nominated opening day;
- school visits are not available in Januarys; and that
- there will be a stand down period over each Christmas/New Year period in which the booking office will not be open.
|SCHEDULE OF SCHOOL BOOKING DATES
|Monday 6 July to Friday 31 July 2015
||Monday 30 June 2014
|Monday 3 August to Friday 28 August 2015
||Monday 28 July 2014
|Monday 31 August to Friday 2 October 2015
||Monday 25 August 2014
|Monday 5 October to Friday 30 October 2015
||Monday 29 September 2014
|Monday 2 November to Friday 18 December 2015
||Monday 27 October 2014
|No school visits for January
||1 February 2015
||1 March 2015
||and so on …
Requests for bookings should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with the Schedule of School Booking Dates. Please use our booking form (PDF 55KB) to ensure fast and accurate processing of bookings.
Booking requests will be processed as they are received in date and time order. If the date and time sought are not available, our team will come back to you and offer alternatives.
The current arrangements for school bookings will continue as follows:
- Booking should not be made unless the scheduled visit is confirmed by the school;
- Parliament House guided tours for schools and Parliamentary Education Office programs for schools are scheduled between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday (Not including Public Holidays);
- The parliamentary galleries are limited to a maximum of fifty students and three adults per group and the bookings team will divide students from visiting schools with larger numbers into separate groups to meet this requirement;
- Changes to bookings must be notified to to the Serjeant-at-Arms’ Office as soon as possible by email to email@example.com; and
- Booking cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include confirmation of the cancellation by the school.
We look forward to welcoming school groups to Parliament House.
To assist with planning your excursion please see the public liability certificate and risk assessment statement for visiting school groups.