More than 100,000 students visit Parliament House each year as part of organised school visits. While in Parliament House students can participate in the Parliamentary Education Program for 1 hour, participate in a guided tour which includes a visit to both Chambers, and enjoy refreshments in the hospitality area provided by the Parliament.
The School Visits Program is managed by the Serjeant-at-Arms' Office. School tours including Parliamentary Education Office programs are scheduled between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays and the middle of December to the 1st February.
Note: The school bookings office is closed public holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
- Agents booking on behalf of schools must complete and email a separate booking form for each school booking request. An email with multiple booking requests attached will not be accepted.
- Agents booking on behalf of schools should not do so unless the scheduled visit is confirmed by the school.
- Booking cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include confirmation of the cancellation in writing by the school.
- Changes to bookings must be notified to the Serjeant-at-Arms’ Office as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.
- The maximum number per group is fifty students and three adults. If numbers exceed the maximum, the school bookings office will divide students into the necessary group sizes.
- If more than the confirmed numbers arrive for the school visit, the additional students will not be able to participate.
- Bookings will only be accepted in accordance with the Schedule of School Booking Dates as stated below.
SCHEDULE OF SCHOOL BOOKING DATES
||1 February 2015
||1 March 2015
||1 April 2015
||1 May 2015
||1 June 2015
||1 July 2015
||1 August 2015
||1 September 2015
||1 October 2015
||1 November 2015
||1 December 2015
To submit a booking request, open the School Booking Request Form (PDF 65KB), complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To complete the form you may either type in the information or print a blank form to then fill out by hand. Booking requests will be processed as they are received in date and time order. If your preferred date and times are not available, the school bookings office will contact you to offer alternatives.
Further inquiries can be made by emailing email@example.com, calling 1800 646 337 (free call) or 02 6277 4570.
We look forward to welcoming school groups to Parliament House.
To assist with planning your school visit, please see the public liability certificate (PDF 129KB) and risk assessment statement (PDF 163KB).
Coach and Bus Parking
After entering the underground car park coach/buses must proceed through the boom gates to collect a parking ticket, then turn right to park in the designated coach/bus parking bays. Drivers will be required to validate the parking ticket at the Parliament House Shop, which is located in the Parliament House foyer. This will allow coaches/buses with more than twelve seats to be exempt from paying for parking. Upon leaving insert validated ticket into booth at the exit boom gate.