Australian Parliamentary Fellowship 2015
The purpose of the Fellowship is to:
contribute to scholarship on the Parliament and its work
promote knowledge and understanding of the Parliament
raise awareness of the role of the Library’s Research service
provide a researcher with work experience in the parliamentary environment and
support ‘early career’ scholars.
The Fellowship is offered annually and is of flexible duration (up to six months full time with provision for part time or broken periods of employment). It provides support to an early career scholar to research and write a monograph for publication. The research must relate to the way Parliament functions, the way senators and members operate, or examine how a broad issue in national politics is dealt with in the Parliament.
Candidates must have completed and been awarded a PhD within the last three years and have:
- a proven research and writing record
- a capacity to deliver a quality monograph on time
- a service orientation
- judgement, discretion, integrity, flexibility and self-motivation
- the capacity to work individually or as a member of a team, and
- submit an outline of their research proposal with their application.