Question on Notice
24 January 2013
Question on notice no. 2677
Senator Gary Humphries
Minister representing the Minister for Arts
Notice given 24 January 2013
Senator Gary Humphries: asked the Minister representing the Minister for Arts on 24 January 2013:
With reference to the artists’ resale royalty scheme and the Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) :
(1) What is the total value of royalty collections to date, including figures for each quarter.
(2) What percentage of the total value of royalties collected has gone to Indigenous artists, including figures for each quarter.
(3) What are the annual Art Centre’s figures for first sales of Indigenous art.
(4) What is the total value of the top 600 individual royalty payments to date.
(5) How many individual right-holders received the top 600 individual payments.
(6) How many of the top 600 individual royalty payments have gone to Indigenous right-holders, including figures for each quarter.
(7) To date, what is the total value of the lowest 2 000 individual royalty payments.
(8) If the scheme can deliver the smallest individual artist royalty payment at $50, with a 10 per cent administration fee of $5, why does the scheme charge an administration fee of $1,000 to deliver an individual royalty payment of $10,000.
(9) After deducting non-recurrent set-up costs, what is the average cost of the CAL’s individual royalty payments to date.