Joint Standing Committee on Treaties
Inquiry into Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference for an Inquiry into Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament.
The Committee is to inquire into and report on:
- The international treaties involving Australia which relate to nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament.
- How these treaties advance Australia's objectives in this field.
- How the treaties might be made more comprehensive or effective.
- How inter-parliamentary action can assist in strengthening treaty-based aspects of the nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament regime.
- How the Committee and the Parliament can contribute to the work of the International Commission on Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament.
Back to top