- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Boothby, South Australia, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Retired prior to general elections 2016.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Environment, Recreation and the Arts from 30.5.96 to 31.8.98; Legal and Constitutional Affairs from 30.5.96 to 31.8.98; Financial Institutions and Public Administration from 12.12.96 to 31.8.98; Economics, Finance and Public Administration from 8.12.98 to 31.8.04; Privileges (nominee of the Leader of the House) from 9.12.98 to 6.2.01; Ageing from 20.3.02 to 4.11.03 (Chair from 21.3.02 to 4.11.03); Health and Ageing from 3.2.10 to 19.7.10; Health from 4.12.13; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Education and Training from 11.3.08 to 3.2.10; Employment and Workplace Relations from 11.3.08 to 10.2.10; Procedure from 13.10.15 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Statutory: National Crime Authority from 14.5.98 to 31.8.98; Corporations and Securities from 8.12.98 to 11.2.02; Public Accounts and Audit from 4.12.13 to 9.5.16 (Chair from 9.12.13 to 9.5.16); Public Works from 4.12.13 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Standing: National Capital and External Territories from 26.6.96 to 31.8.98; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 4.9.97 to 11.2.02 and from 9.2.06 to 17.10.07; Treaties from 4.11.03 to 17.10.07 (Chair from 4.11.03 to 17.10.07); Migration from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 6.12.07 to 8.12.09. Shadow Minister for Employment Participation and Apprenticeships and Training from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08; Shadow Minister for Employment Participation, Training and Sport from 22.9.08 to 8.12.09.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Health Services, Health and Wellbeing from 8.12.09 to 14.9.10; Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Primary Healthcare from 14.9.10 to 18.9.13.
- Party positions
- President, Young Liberals Brighton-Glenelg Branch 1989.
- President, Liberal Party Mitchell Branch 1994-95.
- President, Boothby Federal Electorate Committee 1994.
- Member, Liberal Party State Council (SA) 1994 and from 1996.
- Born 15.10.1967 at Adelaide, SA.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- MBBS, MBA (Adel), BEc (Flinders).
- Medical practitioner 1991-95: Intern 1991; Resident medical officer 1992-93; Surgical registrar 1994-95.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: southern Adelaide; it includes the suburbs of Aberfoyle Park, Belair, Blackwood, Brighton, Daw Park, Eden Hills, Flagstaff Hill, Marion, Mitcham, Panorama, St Marys and Seacliff.
Area: 130 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 104 032 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: major retailing, army camp and military barracks, tertiary education, several hospitals and various small industries.
State electorates: Boothby includes the South Australian House of Assembly electorate of Waite, and parts of Ashford, Bright, Davenport, Elder, Fisher, Heysen, Mitchell and Morphett.