- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Bass, Tasmania, 2010. Defeated at general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 27.2.12.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Agriculture, Resources, Fisheries and Forestry from 25.10.10; Health and Ageing from 25.10.10; Privileges and Members' Interests from 25.10.10; Climate Change, Environment and the Arts from 11.10.11 to 7.2.12; Procedure from 14.3.12.
- Party positions
- Born 29.4.1953, Sydney, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Clerk, Attorney-General's Dept 1971-77.
- Investigations officer, Consumer Affairs Council 1977-81.
- Senior Clerk, Supreme Court, Launceston 1981-82.
- Government casino inspector 1982-87.
- Manager, Beaconsfield District Hospital 1987-91.
- Project officer, Northern Regional Health, Tasmania 1991-92.
- Business manager, Launceston General Hospital 1992-98 and 2001-09.
- Senior Private Secretary to the Attorney-General and Minister for Justice and Industrial Relations (Tas.), the Hon. PJ Patmore, MHA 1998-2001.
- Electorate officer to Senator HB Polley 2009-10.
Location: north-east Tasmania; it includes the city of Launceston and its suburbs, and the towns of Bell Bay, Bridport, George Town, Hadspen, Lilydale, Ringarooma and Scottsdale. Cape Barren Island, Clarke Island and Flinders Island are also in this division.
Area: 7378 sq km (approx.).
Industries: aluminium and ferrous metal smelting, brewery, cattle (dairy and beef) farming, manufacturing, mining, ports and shipping, ship building, timber, tourism, fishing, wineries and wool.
State electorates: Bass is co-extensive with the Tasmanian House of Assembly electorate of the same name.
- National Emergency Service Medal 1997.
- Australian Sports Medal 2000.