- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Macarthur, New South Wales, 2010 and 2013. Defeated at general elections 2016.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Australian Crime Commission from 25.10.10 to 25.11.10; Law Enforcement from 25.11.10 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Select: Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 25.10.10 to 9.5.16 (Chair from 12.12.13 to 9.5.16)
- Joint Standing: National Disability Insurance Scheme from 22.10.15 to 9.5.16.
- Born 16.12.1958, Brisbane, Qld.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Lithographic Printer Trade Certificate.
- Lithographic printer 1976-85.
- Police officer 1985-2010.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: south-western outskirts of Sydney; it includes the centres of Ambarvale, Appin, Bradbury, Camden, Campbelltown, Cawdor, Glen Alpine, Harrington Park, Mount Annan, Narellan, Rossmore, St Helens Park, and parts of Bringelly, Catherine Field, Douglas Park, Leumeah and Razorback.
Area: 798 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 97 941 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: commercial, small business and light industrial activities, fruit, vegetables, fodder crops, wine, horse-breeding, agistment and tourism.
State electorates: Macarthur includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorates of Camden, Campbelltown, Heathcote, Macquarie Fields, Mulgoa and Wollondilly.
- National Medal 2001.
- NSW Police Medal 2004; 1st Clasp to the NSW Police Medal 2004; 2nd Clasp to the NSW Police Medal 2007.