- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Corangamite, Victoria, 2007 and 2010. Defeated at general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 29.11.12 to 5.8.13.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Industry, Science and Innovation from 19.2.08 to 19.7.10; Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government from 19.2.08 to 19.7.10; Agriculture, Resources, Fisheries and Forestry from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Privileges and Members? Interests from 25.10.10 to 21.8.12; Climate Change, Environment and the Arts from 13.2.13 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 6.2.13 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Select: Australia's Clean Energy Future Legislation from 14.9.11 to 7.10.11.
- Party positions
- President, ALP Ballarat West Branch 1998.
- Born 8.6.1976, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
Location: south-western Victoria; it includes the outer southern Geelong suburbs of Belmont, Grovedale and Highton, and the towns of Anglesea, Apollo Bay, Barwon Heads, Colac, Inverleigh, Linton, Lorne, Ocean Grove, Portarlington, Torquay and Winchelsea.
Area: 7724 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 101 569 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: beef and dairy cattle, crops, fishing, forestry, horticultural and organic farming, sheep, food processing, manufacturing, retail and tourism.
State electorates: Corangamite includes the Victorian Legislative Assembly electorate of South Barwon, and parts of Ballarat East, Bellarine, Geelong, Polwarth and Rippon.