- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Cunningham, New South Wales at by-election 19.10.02 vice the Hon. Dr SP Martin (resigned). Defeated at general elections 2004.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Select: Recent Australian Bushfires from 27.3.03 to 5.11.03.
- Born 22.9.1956, Bulli, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BSc(Hons) (Wollongong).
- Diploma of Information Management (UNSW).
- Archivist and records manager, University of New South Wales 1986-88.
- Research assistant, University of Wollongong 1989-95.
- Archivist, University of Wollongong 1995-2002.
Location: Wollongong and south coast of New South Wales; it includes the city of Wollongong and the surrounding suburbs of Austinmer, Balgownie, Bellambi, Bulli, Clifton, Coalcliff, Coledale, Coniston, Cordeaux Heights, Corrimal, Darkes Forest, Fairy Meadow, Figtree, Gwynneville, Helensburgh, Keiraville, Mt Keira, Mt Kembla, Mt Ousley, Mt Saint Thomas, Otford, Russell Vale, Scarborough, Stanwell Park, Tarrawanna, Thirroul, Towradgi, Unanderra, Wombarra and Woonona.
Area: 490 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 81 540 (at 10.11.01).
Industries: tourism, tertiary education, steel production, coal mining, brick manufacturing, textiles and dairy farming.
State electorates: Cunningham includes the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorate of Keira, and parts of Heathcote, Illawarra, Southern Highlands and Wollongong.
- Illawarra and South Coast Aborigines 1770-1850, University of Wollongong, 1990.
- Conrad Martens' Beagle Journal, Sydney: State Library of NSW, 1992.