- Parliamentary service
- Chosen by the Parliament of New South Wales on 8.3.1994 under section 15 of the Constitution to represent that State in the Senate, vice the Hon. KW Sibraa (resigned) (term ended 30.6.1999). Resigned 3.9.1998.
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Robertson, New South Wales, 2007. Retired prior to general elections 2010.
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Publications from 17.3.94 to 1.7.96 and from 4.9.97 to 3.9.98; Library from 4.9.97 to 3.9.98.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Community Affairs: References Committee from 10.10.94 to 3.9.98 and Legislation Committee from 10.10.94 to 14.5.97; Finance and Public Administration: References and Legislation Committees from 10.10.94 to 29.3.95; Legal and Constitutional: Legislation and References Committees from 29.3.95 to 29.4.96.
- Senate Select: Aircraft Noise in Sydney from 23.3.95 to 30.11.95.
- Senate Estimates: D from 17.3.94 to 10.10.94.
- House of Representatives Standing: Communications from 19.2.08 to 19.7.10; Legal and Constitutional Affairs from 19.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts from 17.3.94 to 29.1.96; Corporations and Securities from 17.3.94 to 29.1.96.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 31.5.96 to 5.3.98 and from 18.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Select: Certain Family Law Issues from 17.3.94 to 28.11.95.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Canada and Mexico, April-May 2009.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 19.3.96 to 3.9.98. Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs and Assistant to the Shadow Minister for Health from 20.3.96 to 27.3.97; Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs and Local Government from 27.3.97 to 26.8.97; Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs, Local Government, Housing and Childcare from 26.8.97 to 3.9.98.
- Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader of the Opposition on the Status of Women from 22.4.97 to 26.8.97.
- Party positions
- Member, ALP from 1980.
- Delegate, ALP State Conference (NSW) from 1983.
- Delegate, ALP National Conference from 1984.
- Delegate, various State and Federal Electorate Councils from 1983.
- Member, ALP National Committee on Status of Women 1984-85.
- Born 10.1.1963, Brisbane, Qld.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLB (Syd).
- Union officer, Federated Ironworkers' Association 1986-87.
- Solicitor 1987-94.
Location: north of Sydney; it includes the centres of Gosford, Terrigal, Woy Woy and Erina.
Area: 721 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 94 334 (at 24.11.07).
Industries: tourism, retail, service industries, light manufacturing and processing, citrus, vegetables and flower growing, poultry products.
State electorates: Robertson includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorates of Gosford, Terrigal and The Entrance.