- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Gilmore, New South Wales, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010. Retired prior to general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 23.11.98 to 8.10.01.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Employment, Education and Training from 30.5.96 to 31.8.98; Employment, Education and Workplace Relations from 8.12.98 to 31.5.00; Selection from 24.11.98 to 17.10.07; Primary Industries and Rural and Regional Services from 12.12.96 to 31.8.98; Procedure from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Family and Community Affairs from 31.5.00 to 8.10.01; Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry from 20.3.02 to 2.12.03; Privileges from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Privileges and Members' Interests from 11.3.08 to 19.7.10; Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government from 11.3.08 to 19.7.10; Health and Ageing from 4.6.09 to 19.7.10.
- House of Representatives Select: Recent Australian Bushfires from 27.3.03 to 5.11.03.
- Joint Statutory: Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings from 8.12.98 to 31.8.04; Australian Crime Commission from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Standing: Migration from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04 and from 10.2.10 to 19.7.10; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 20.3.02 to 17.10.07 and from 25.10.10.
- Joint Select: Australia's Clean Energy Future Legislation from 15.9.11 to 7.10.11.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Iran and Jordan, October-November 2002.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Syria, Lebanon and Israel, November 2003.
- Observer in Jordan for the elections in Iraq, January 2005.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to USA, June-July 2005.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to USA, September-December 2008.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Timor-Leste and Indonesia, November 2011.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Government Whip from 23.11.01 to 17.10.07.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Tourism from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08 and from 8.12.09 to 14.9.10.
- Party positions
- Delegate, Liberal Party State and Federal Electoral Councils.
- Member, Liberal Women's Forum.
- Born 21.7.1944, Groningen, Netherlands.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Tourism and Hospitality Diploma (Institute of Administration, Sydney).
- Regional Manager, Tourism Commission of NSW (Outer Sydney Region).
- Director, Southern Highlands Tourism Agency.
- Consultant, Macarthur Country Tourist Association.
- Guest house co-proprietor.
Location: south-eastern New South Wales; it includes the centres of Berry, Bomaderry, Gerringong, Kangaroo Valley, Kiama, Milton, Minnamurra, Nowra, Shellharbour, Shell Cove, Sussex Inlet, Ulladulla and Warilla.
Area: 4878 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 96 317 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: tourism, timber, dairy and beef cattle, paper mill, brickworks, light engineering, dairy products, steel fabrication and fishing.
State electorates: Gilmore includes the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorate of South Coast, and parts of Kiama and Shellharbour.
- Case histories of tourism and hospitality (contribution, ed. J Blackwell and L Shear), Sydney: Australian-International Services, 1989.