- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Herbert, Queensland, 2010 and 2013. Defeated at general elections 2016.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 4.3.14 to 28.9.15.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: House from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Appropriations and Administration from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Procedure from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Education and Employment from 4.12.13 to 12.10.15 (Chair from 11.2.14 to 12.10.15); Selection from 10.12.15 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 4.12.13 to 11.11.15.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Government Whip from 12.10.15 to 9.5.16.
- Party positions
- Chair, Townsville State Electoral Council 2010-11.
- Vice-Chair, Mundingburra State Electoral Council 2010-11.
- Born 7.3.1960, Quilpie, Qld.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Auctioneer 1990-2010.
- Finance company sales representative 1998-2001.
- Residential real estate sales consultant 2008-10.
Location: north Queensland coast; it includes the city of Townsville and also includes Magnetic and Palm Islands.
Area: 946 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 97 076 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: copper, nickel and zinc refineries, bulk sugar terminal, and tropical fruits, prawn and fishing industry, beef cattle and tourism, James Cook University, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and large defence establishments at Lavarack Barracks (Army) and Garbutt (RAAF).
State electorates: Herbert includes the Queensland Legislative Assembly electorate of Townsville, and parts of Burdekin, Hinchinbrook, Mundingburra and Thuringowa.