- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Bass, Tasmania, 1998 and 2001. Defeated at general elections 2004.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Transport and Regional Services from 20.3.02 to 20.8.02 and from 2.12.02 to 31.8.04.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Communications from 18.2.03 to 22.10.04.
- Party positions
- Delegate, ALP State Conference 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001.
- Member, ALP Youth Policy Committee (Tas) from 1996.
- Member, ALP Social Policy Committee (Tas) from 1996.
- Born 6.3.1968 at Launceston, Tasmania.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (Tas).
- Industrial Officer, Miscellaneous Workers' Union 1992-96.
- Jobskills Program, Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Workers' Union.
- Electorate officer to Senator K O'Brien 1996-98.
- Trades and Labour Council Women's Committee 1992-96.
- Trades and Labour Council Youth Committee 1992-96.
Location: north-east Tasmania; it includes the city of Launceston and the towns of Branxholm, Bridport, Derby, Gladstone, Lilydale, Legana, Ringarooma and Scottsdale. It also includes Cape Barren Island, Clarke Island and Flinders Island are in this division.
Area: 7343 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 65 927 (at 10.11.01).
Industries: farming, fishing, textile industry, aluminium and ferrous metals, wool, meat, woodchips, timber, boat building, a brewery and tourism.
State electorates: Bass is co-extensive with the Tasmanian House of Assembly electorate of the same name.