- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Swan, Western Australia, 1998, 2001 and 2004. Defeated at general elections 2007.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 19.2.02 to 17.10.07.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Employment, Education and Workplace Relations from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Employment and Workplace Relations from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Selection from 18.2.02 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Statutory: Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 27.3.07 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 12.8.99 to 17.10.07; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 2.12.04 to 17.10.07.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Deputy Leader, Parliamentary Delegation to 20th AIPO Conference, Philippines and bilateral visit to Cambodia, September 1999.
- Member, Joint Standing Committee on Treaties visit to New Zealand, March 2000.
- Member, Official Australian Observer Mission to the Zimbabwe Elections, June-July 2000.
- Member, Official Committee Exchange Visit by the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Employment, Education and Workplace Relations, New Zealand, June 2001.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Egypt, August-September 2002.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to CPA Conference, Namibia, September 2002.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to China, April 2003.
- Leader, Australian Political Exchange Program Delegation to China, August 2003.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to United Arab Emirates and Kuwait, October 2005.
- Born 3.6.1959, Perth, WA.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Manager, YMCA Skillshare, Victoria Park.
- Youth Employment Placement Officer.
- Prison officer.
Description: inner metropolitan.
Location: south-eastern Perth; it includes the suburbs of Beckenham, Belmont, Bentley, Burswood, Cannington, Carlisle, Cloverdale, Como, East Cannington, East Victoria Park, Karawara, Kensington, Kewdale, Lathlain, Manning, Queens Park, Redcliffe, Rivervale, St James, South Perth, Victoria Park, Welshpool and Wilson.
Area: 108 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 79 549 (at 10.11.01).
Industries: light industry, railway marshalling yards, commercial and retail trade, international and domestic airport terminals.
State electorates: Swan includes the Western Australian Legislative Assembly electorates of South Perth and Victoria Park, and parts of Kenwick.