- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Moore, Western Australia, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010. Retired prior to general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 18.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Industry, Science and Resources from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Industry and Resources from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Library from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Family and Community Affairs from 31.8.00 to 8.10.01; Legal and Constitutional Affairs from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Environment and Heritage from 1.12.04 (Chair from 9.12.04) to 17.10.07; Science and Innovation from 20.3.02 to 17.10.07; Climate Change, Water, Environment and the Arts from 11.3.08 to 19.7.10; Climate Change, Environment and the Arts from 25.10.10 to 19.7.10; Procedure from 11.3.08 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Standing: National Capital and External Territories from 19.2.04 to 31.8.04.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to the Philippines and Japan, June 1999.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands, April-May 2000.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Denmark and Sweden, October 2005.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Belgium, the Netherlands and Norway, April-May 2006.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Brazil and Uruguay, June-July 2007.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to USA, September-October 2009.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to China and Hong Kong, November 2009.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Indonesia, Brunei and Laos, April 2010.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to China, August-September 2011.
- Party positions
- Member, Liberal Party from 1987.
- Born 12.8.1945, Bunbury, WA.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- MBBS (UWA).
- General practitioner.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: northern suburbs of Perth; it includes the suburbs of Clarkson, Duncraig, Hillarys, Heathridge, Joondalup, Mullaloo, Ocean Reef and Padbury.
Area: 133 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 92 295 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: retail and service industries.
State electorates: Moore includes the Western Australian Legislative Assembly electorates of Hillarys, Joondalup and Ocean Reef, and parts of Carine, Mindarie and Wanneroo.