- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Bendigo, Victoria, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010. Retired prior to general elections 2013.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Communications, Transport and the Arts from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Transport and Regional Services from 20.3.02 to 17.10.07; Industry and Resources from 20.3.02 to 24.6.03; Regional Australia from 7.2.12.
- House of Representatives Select: Recent Australian Bushfires from 27.3.03 to 5.11.03.
- Joint Statutory: Australian Crime Commission from 18.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 2.12.04 to 7.2.12.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to USA, June-July 2005.
- Born 11.9.1949, Melbourne, Vic.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Union official 1990-94.
- Small business proprietor 1994-98.
- Researcher and adviser to the Victorian State Leader of the Opposition, J Brumby, MLA 1996-98.
Location: central Victoria; it includes the city of Bendigo and the centres of Castlemaine, Dunolly, Elmore, Heathcote, Kyneton, Maldon and Maryborough.
Area: 7286 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 100 701 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: retail and wholesale trade, commerce, finance, education, health services, tourism, accommodation, mining, agriculture, viticulture, government administration, manufacturing, wine, dairy products, engineering and industrial equipment, building products, ceramics, veterinary supplies, clothing and textiles.
State electorates: Bendigo includes parts of the Victorian Legislative Assembly electorates of Ballarat East, Bendigo East, Bendigo West, Macedon, Ripon and Rodney..