- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Pearce, Western Australia, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010. Retired prior to general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 14.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Family Services from 11.3.96 to 9.10.97.
- Minister for the Status of Women from 9.10.97 to 21.10.98.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Environment, Recreation and the Arts from 12.5.93 to 30.6.94; Family, Community, Housing and Youth from 11.3.08 to 19.7.10; Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts from 18.11.93 to 29.6.94; Public Works from 8.12.98 (Chair from 10.12.98) to 17.10.07.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 8.12.98 to 17.10.07.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- International Conference of Conservative Women Parliamentarians, Washington DC, USA, February-March 1999.
- Member, Australia/China Parliamentary Friendship Group Delegation, China, April 1999; Leader, Australia/China Friendship Group Delegations, China, May 2003, November 2003 and April 2005.
- Member, Official Australian Observer Mission to the Indonesian Elections, June 1999.
- Leader, Australian Political Exchange Delegation, China, July 1999.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Ireland and China, July 2000.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to the 105th IPU Conference, Havana, Cuba, and bilateral visit to Mexico, March-April 2001.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq and Kuwait, May 2003.
- Delegate, Bo'ao Asia Forum, China, April 2005.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Switzerland and Singapore, October 2005.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to the Solomon Islands, April 2006.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to South Africa, April-May 2006.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Switzerland and Portugal, October 2006.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Cambodia and Indonesia, April-May 2007.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 26.5.94 to 11.3.96. Shadow Minister for Small Business and Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader on Women's Affairs from 26.5.94 to 11.3.96.
- Born 24.2.1944 at Guildford, WA.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Diploma in Real Estate Management (Perth Technical College).
- Real estate agent/company director 1979-84 and 1987-93.
- Coordinator and senior lecturer, TAFE 1984-87.
- President, Midland and Districts Chamber of Commerce 1990-91.
- Member, Public Affairs Committee, Real Estate Institute of WA 1991-93.
- Member, Eastern Region Enterprise and Arts Centre Board of Management 1992-93.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: eastern outskirts of Perth; it includes the centres of Beverley, Bindoon, Gingin, Grass Valley, Guilderton, Lancelin, Ledge Point, Narrogin, Northam, Quinns Rocks, Seabird, Toodyay, Two Rocks, Yanchep and York.
Area: 14 401 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 89 526 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: fishing, tourism, grain crops, sheep, cattle, fruit growing, vineyards, wineries, RAAF pilot training.
State electorates: Pearce includes parts of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly electorates of Central Wheatbelt, Darling Range, Kalamunda, Midland, Mindarie, Moore, Swan Hills and West Swan.