- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Dunkley, Victoria, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Retired prior to general elections 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs from 18.7.04 to 26.10.04.
- Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs and Trade from 26.10.04 to 6.7.05.
- Parliamentary Secretary (Foreign Affairs) and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs from 6.7.05 to 27.1.06.
- Minister for Veterans' Affairs and Minister Assisting the Minister for Defence from 27.1.06 to 3.12.07.
- Minister for Small Business from 18.9.13 to 21.9.15.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Environment, Recreation and the Arts from 30.5.96 to 31.8.98; Environment and Heritage from 8.12.98 to 31.8.04; Legal and Constitutional Affairs from 17.2.00 to 8.10.01; Privileges from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Communications from 11.3.08 to 3.2.10; Economics from 3.2.10 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Standing: National Disability Insurance Scheme from 13.10.15 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Select: Trade and Investment Growth from 22.2.16 to 9.5.16.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 6.12.07 to 18.9.13. Shadow Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08; Shadow Minister for Sustainable Development and Cities from 22.9.08 to 8.12.09; Shadow Minister for Small Business, Deregulation, Competition Policy and Sustainable Cities from 8.12.09 to 14.9.10; Shadow Minister for Small Business, Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs from 14.9.10 to 18.9.13.
- Party positions
- Member, Liberal Party from 1986.
- Secretary and Committee Member, Flinders Electoral Committee 1988-94.
- Delegate, State Assembly and Province Electoral Committee 1988-92.
- Delegate, Liberal Party State Council (Vic) 1988-92.
- Born 26.1.1966, Albury, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BBus (RMIT).
- Master of Business Leadership (RMIT).
- Graduate Diploma of Management (RMIT).
- Manager, Corporate Development, Shire of Hastings 1993-94.
- Ministerial Adviser to the State Minister for Natural Resources, the Hon. CG Coleman, MLA (Vic) 1994-96.
- Policy Adviser to the Federal Shadow Minister for the Environment, Senator CR Kemp 1995.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: south eastern outskirts of Melbourne; it includes the suburbs include Frankston, Frankston North, Frankston South, Langwarrin, Langwarrin South, Mt Eliza, Mornington and Seaford, and parts of Baxter and Skye.
Area: 140 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 99 004 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: light industry, commercial and retail.
State electorates: Dunkley includes the Victorian Legislative Assembly electorate of Frankston, and parts of Carrum, Hastings and Mornington.