- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for La Trobe, Victoria, 2010. Defeated at general elections 2013.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Privileges and Members' Interests from 21.8.12 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Statutory: Corporations and Financial Services from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Public Accounts and Audit from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13.
- Party positions
- Member, ALP Administrative Committee (Vic.).
- Member, ALP Rules Revision Committee (Vic.).
- Delegate, ALP National Conference.
- Delegate, ALP State Conference (Vic.).
- Member, ALP Economics Policy Committee (Vic.).
- Secretary, ALP Youth Policy Committee (Vic.).
- Born 12.11.1976, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLM (Melb.), BSc, LLB(Hons) (Monash).
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: eastern outskirts of Melbourne covering the Dandenong Ranges; it includes the suburbs of Beaconsfield, Belgrave, Cockatoo, Officer, Sassafras and Upwey, and parts of Berwick, Boronia, Emerald, Ferntree Gully, Gembrook, Narre Warren North, Olinda and Pakenham.
Area: 588 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 97 960 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: household products, car accessories and other light industries.
State electorates: La Trobe includes parts of the Victorian Legislative Assembly electorates of Bass, Bayswater, Ferntree Gully, Gembrook, Monbulk, Narre Warren North and Narre Warren South.