- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Macquarie, New South Wales, 1996, 1998, 2001 and 2004. Defeated at general elections 2007.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Employment, Education and Training from 4.6.97 to 31.8.98; Employment, Education and Workplace Relations from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Education and Training from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Education and Vocational Training from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Environment and Heritage from 8.12.98 to 8.10.01; Selection from 11.8.04 to 17.10.07.
- House of Representatives Select: Recent Australian Bushfires from 27.3.03 to 5.11.03.
- Joint Statutory: Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Corporations and Financial Services from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 17.6.96 to 31.8.04.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Official Committee Exchange Visit by the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Employment, Education and Workplace Relations, New Zealand, June 2001.
- Parliamentary Delegation to Turkey and Ireland, October 2005.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Chief Government Whip from 18.7.04 to 17.10.07.
- Party positions
- President, Liberal Party Blaxland East-Mt Riverview Branch 1994-95.
- Delegate, Liberal Party State Council (NSW) 1994-96.
- Member, Liberal Party Education Policy Committee 1994-95.
- Member, Liberal Party Economic and Education Policy Committee 1995-96.
- Born 15.4.1949, Sydney, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BEc, DipEd (Syd), MEc (Macquarie).
- Secondary school economics teacher.
- Part-time university economics tutor.
- Financial planner.
Location: Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury regions of New South Wales, west of Sydney; it includes the centres of Blackheath, Katoomba, Kurrajong, Mount Victoria, Richmond, Springwood, Wentworth Falls and Windsor.
Area: 4197 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 87 517 (at 9.10.04).
Industries: cattle, timber-milling, tourism, orchards, dairying, turf farming, mushroom farming, market gardens, arts and crafts, poultry farming, horse breeding and training, small manufacturers and the Richmond RAAF Base.
State electorates: Macquarie includes parts of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorates of Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Londonderry and Penrith.