- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Eden-Monaro, New South Wales, 2013. Defeated at general elections 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister for Productivity from 21.9.15 to 18.2.16.
- Assistant Minister for Finance from 18.2.16 to 19.7.16.
- Assistant Cabinet Secretary from 18.2.16 to 19.7.16.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Economics from 4.12.13 to 12.10.15.
- Joint Standing: Public Accounts and Audit from 18.3.14 to 12.10.14.
- Party positions
- Member, Joint Policy Committee, Liberal Party (NSW) 2001-02.
- President, Eden-Monaro Federal Electorate Conference 2001-02 and 2011-12.
- Board Member, NSW Country Liberals 2011-13.
- Born 10.1.1962, Brisbane, Qld.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BEc(Hons I)(Qld), PhD (Canberra).
- Chief Executive, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Company Director.
- Executive Director, Bahrain Economic Development Board.
- Principal, Peter Hendy Consulting.
- Chief of Staff, Leader of the Federal Opposition.
- Chief of Staff, Minister for Defence; Minister for Employment, Workplace Relations and Small Business; and for Minister for Education, Science and Training.
- Private economic consultant.
- Senior Executive, NSW Cabinet Office.
- Principal Adviser (Foreign Affairs and Trade), Deputy Leader of the Opposition.
- Other positions including Cadet, Commonwealth Treasury.
Location: New South Wales far south coast, the Snowy Mountains and tablelands; it includes the centres of Adaminaby, Batemans Bay, Bega, Berridale, Bodalla, Bombala, Braidwood, Bungendore, Captains Flat, Cooma, Dalmeny, Delegate, Eden, Jindabyne, Merimbula, Moruya, Narooma, Queanbeyan, Sutton and Tathra.
Area: 29 499 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 100 021 (at 7.9.13).
Industries: timber industries, beef cattle, sheep and wool, dairy farming, dairy products and mixed farming, the Snowy Mountains hydroelectric scheme, snowfields and tourism.
State electorates: Eden-Monaro includes the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorate of Bega, and parts of Monaro.
- Awarded Centenary Medal 2003.
- Captains of industry: biographies of the presidents of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Melbourne: MUP, 2008.