- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Hasluck, Western Australia, 2001. Defeated at general elections 2004. Re-elected 2007. Defeated at general elections 2010.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: House from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Economics from 19.2.08 to 19.7.10; Employment and Workplace Relations from 19.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Standing: Parliamentary Library from 18.2.08 to 19.7.10.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to USA, September-October 2009.
- Party positions
- ALP State President (WA) 2005-07.
- Born 12.2.1962, Perth, WA.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (UWA).
- Officer, Trades and Labor Council (WA).
- Industrial Officer and Assistant Secretary, Miscellaneous Workers Union (WA).
- Chief of Staff to the Hon. RC Kucera, Minister for Sport and Recreation (WA) 2004-05.
- Director, Community Cabinet and Liaison Unit, Department of Premier and Cabinet (WA) 2005.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: south-eastern outskirts of Perth; it includes the centres of Gosnells, Kalamunda, Maddington, Midland and Thornlie.
Area: 227 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 82 331 (at 24.11.07).
Industries: retail, transport and service industries with some light industry, market gardens and vineyards.
State electorates: Hasluck includes parts of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly electorates of Armadale, Bassendean, Belmont, Darling Range, Kenwick, Midland, Southern River and Swan Hills.