- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Indi, Victoria, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010. Defeated at general elections 2013.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Employment and Workplace Relations from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Legal and Constitutional Affairs from 20.3.02 to 3.2.10; Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry from 14.2.07 to 17.10.07; Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government from 11.3.08 to 10.11.08; Family, Community, Housing and Youth from 10.11.08 to 30.11.09.
- House of Representatives Select: Recent Australian Bushfires from 27.3.03 to 5.11.03.
- Joint Statutory: Native Title and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Land Fund from 20.3.02 to 5.12.02.
- Joint Standing: Electoral Matters from 5.12.02 to 17.10.07; National Capital and External Territories from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Treaties from 1.12.04 to 14.2.07; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 11.3.08 to 10.3.09 and from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; Parliamentary Library from 11.3.08 to 12.5.10.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Elected Delegate to the Australian Constitutional Convention, February 1998.
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Italy, Austria, France and Switzerland, October 2009.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Local Government from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08.
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 22.9.08 to 18.9.13. Shadow Minister for Early Childhood Education, Childcare, Women and Youth from 22.9.08 to 10.11.08; Shadow Minister for Early Childhood Education, Childcare, Status of Women and Youth from 10.11.08 to 8.12.09; Shadow Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research from 8.12.09 to 14.9.10; Shadow Minister for Innovation, Industry and Science from 14.9.10 to 18.9.13.
- Party positions
- Member, Liberal Party from 1987.
- President, Melbourne University Liberal Club.
- Vice-President, Australian Liberal Students' Federation.
- Member, various policy assembly committees, Liberal Party State Council (Vic).
- Member, Workplace Relations Task Force.
- Born 27.10.1968, Melbourne, Vic.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BComm, LLB, LLM (Melb).
- Solicitor and articled clerk 1995-97.
- Barrister 1998-2001.
Location: north-eastern Victoria; it includes the centres of Beechworth, Benalla, Bright, Corryong, Euroa, Mansfield, Mt Beauty, Myrtleford, Rutherglen, Tallangatta, Violet Town, Wangaratta, Wodonga and Yackandandah.
Area: 28 008 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 92 956 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: tourism, forestry, woodchipping, tobacco, viticulture, agriculture, timber processing and manufacturing.
State electorates: Indi includes the Victorian Legislative Assembly electorate of Benambra, and parts of Benalla and Murray Valley.