Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 11 for 2012
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 11 OF 2012
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 at 7.14 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the Migration Amendment (Health Care for Asylum Seekers) Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 20 November 2012 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Aviation Legislation Amendment (Liability and Insurance) Bill 2012
- Marriage Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2012
- National Portrait Gallery of Australia Bill 2012
National Portrait Gallery of Australia (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2012.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Broadcasting Services Amendment (Public Interest Test) Bill 2012
- Corporations Legislation Amendment (Derivative Transactions) Bill 2012
- Dental Benefits Amendment Bill 2012
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Declared Fishing Activities) Bill 2012
- Higher Education Support Amendment (Maximum Payment Amounts and Other Measures) Bill 2012
- Industrial Chemicals (Notification and Assessment) Amendment Bill 2012
- Minerals Resource Rent Tax Amendment (Protecting Revenue) Bill 2012
- Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising (Broadcasting and Telecommunications Amendment) Bill 2011
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Further 2012 Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2012
- Special Broadcasting Service Amendment (Natural Program Breaks and Disruptive Advertising) Bill 2012.
13 September 2012
Back to top