Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 9 for 2012
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 9 OF 2012
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 at 7.15 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the Renewable Energy (Electricity) Amendment (Excessive Noise from Wind Farms) Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 31 October 2012 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Fisheries Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2012
- Tax Laws Amendment (2012 Measures No. 4) Bill 2012.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Broadcasting Services Amendment (Public Interest Test) Bill 2012
- International Monetary Agreements Amendment (Loans) Bill 2012
- Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising (Broadcasting and Telecommunications Amendment) Bill 2011
- Special Broadcasting Service Amendment (Natural Program Breaks and Disruptive Advertising) Bill 2012
- Statute Law Revision Bill 2012.
16 August 2012
Back to top