Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 14 for 2010
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 14 OF 2010
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 18 November 2010 at 12.08 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the Australian Research Council Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2010 not be referred to a committee.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bills and noted that the Senate had agreed to refer the bills to the following committees for inquiry and report:
- Evidence Amendment (Journalists’ Privilege) Bill 2010, to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee
- Social Security Amendment (Income Support for Regional Students) Bill 2010, to the Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Legislation Committee.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Family Law Amendment (Validation of Certain Parenting Orders and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Food Standards Amendment (Truth in Labelling—Genetically Modified Material) Bill 2010
- Health Insurance Amendment (Compliance) Bill 2010
- Migration Amendment (Detention of Minors) Bill 2010
- Responsible Takeaway Alcohol Hours Bill 2010
- Screen Australia (Transfer of Assets) Bill 2010
- Tobacco Advertising Prohibition Amendment Bill 2010.
18 November 2010
Back to top