Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 9 for 2010
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O’Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 9 OF 2010
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 22 June 2010 at 4.48 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the Banking Amendment (Delivering Essential Financial Services for the Community) Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 2 September 2010 (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Civil Dispute Resolution Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 30 July 2010 (see appendices 3 and 4 for statements of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Corporations Amendment (Sons of Gwalia) Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 August 2010 (see appendix 5 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Health Insurance Amendment (Professional Services Review) Bill 2010
- International Monetary Agreements Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2010
- Radiocommunications Amendment Bill 2010
- Service and Execution of Process Amendment (Interstate Fine Enforcement) Bill 2010
- Tradex Scheme Amendment Bill 2010
- Water Efficiency Labelling and Standards Amendment Bill 2010.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the Preventing the Misuse of Government Advertising Bill 2010 and noted that the Senate had agreed to refer the provisions of the bill to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report.
- The committee deferred consideration of the Commonwealth Commissioner for Children and Young People Bill 2010 to its next meeting.
23 June 2010
Back to top