Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 8 for 2010
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 8 OF 2010
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 15 June 2010 at 4.28 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Excise Tariff Amendment (Aviation Fuel) Bill 2010 and the Customs Tariff Amendment (Aviation Fuel) Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 22 June 2010 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the National Health Amendment (Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme) Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 26 August 2010 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Fisheries Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2010
- Paid Parental Leave (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2010.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bills and, noting that they had been referred to committees pursuant to the order of the Senate of 13 May 2010, resolved to make no recommendation:
- Autonomous Sanctions Bill 2010
- Child Support and Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Competition and Consumer Legislation Amendment Bill 2010
- Corporations Amendment (Corporate Reporting Reform) Bill 2010
- Corporations Amendment (Sons of Gwalia) Bill 2010
- Crimes Amendment (Royal Flying Doctor Service) Bill 2010
- Electoral and Referendum Amendment (Close of Rolls and Other Measures) Bill (No. 2) 2010
- Electoral and Referendum Amendment (How-to-Vote Cards and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Electoral and Referendum Amendment (Modernisation and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Electoral and Referendum Amendment (Pre-poll Voting and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Export Market Development Grants Amendment Bill 2010
- Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care Budget Measures) Bill 2010
- Farm Household Support Amendment (Ancillary Benefits) Bill 2010
- Financial Sector Legislation Amendment (Prudential Refinements and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Human Rights (Parliamentary Scrutiny) Bill 2010
- Human Rights (Parliamentary Scrutiny) (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2010
- Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010
- Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Amendment Bill 2010
- Primary Industries (Excise) Levies Amendment Bill 2010
- Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Amendment Bill 2010
- Tax Laws Amendment (2010 GST Administration Measures No. 3) Bill 2010
- Tax Laws Amendment (2010 Measures No. 3) Bill 2010
- Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (2010 Budget Measures) Bill 2010.
- The committee deferred consideration of the Commonwealth Commissioner for Children and Young People Bill 2010 to its next meeting.
16 June 2010
Back to top