Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 4 for 2010
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O’Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 4 OF 2010
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 11 March 2010 at 11.58 am.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the order of the Senate of 25 February 2010 adopting the committee’s 3rd report of 2010 be varied to provide that the provisions of the Anti‑People Smuggling and Other Measures Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 11 May 2010 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Customs Tariff Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2010
- Ombudsman Amendment (Education Ombudsman) Bill 2010
- Personal Property Securities (Corporations and Other Amendments) Bill 2010
- Transport Security Legislation Amendment (2010 Measures No. 1) Bill 2010
- Veterans’ Entitlements Amendment (Income Support Measures) Bill 2010
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Food Importation (Bovine Meat Standards) Bill 2010
- Keeping Jobs from Going Offshore (Protection of Personal Information) Bill 2009
- Social Security Amendment (Flexible Participation Requirements for Principal Carers) Bill 2010.
11 March 2010
Back to top