Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 19 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 19 OF 2009
- The committee met in private session on Friday, 27 November 2009 at 12.08 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Do Not Call Register Legislation Amendment Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Environment, Communications and the Arts Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 February 2010 (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Freedom of Information Amendment (Reform) Bill 2009 and the Information Commissioner Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Committee for inquiry and report by 16 March 2010 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 25 February 2010 (see appendix 4 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Trade Practices Amendment (Material Lessening of Competition—Richmond Amendment) Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 18 March 2010 (see appendix 5 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Capital Territory (Self-Government) Amendment (Disallowance and Amendment Power of the Commonwealth) Bill 2009
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Income Support for Students) Bill 2009 [No. 2].
- Trans-Tasman Proceedings (Transitional and Consequential Provisions) Bill 2009
- Trans-Tasman Proceedings Bill 2009.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Britt Lapthorne Bill 2009
- Fisheries Legislation Amendment Bill 2009
- Health Insurance Amendment (Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation) Bill 2009
- Keeping Jobs from Going Offshore (Protection of Personal Information) Bill 2009
- Therapeutic Goods (Charges) Amendment Bill 2009
- Therapeutic Goods Amendment (2009 Measures No. 3) Bill 2009.
30 November 2009
Back to top