Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 1 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Helen Coonan
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 1 OF 2009
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 4 February 2009 at 7.12 pm.
- The committee considered a proposal to refer the provisions of the Appropriation (Nation Building and Jobs) Bill (No. 1) 2008-2009 and the Appropriation (Nation Building and Jobs) Bill (No. 2) 2008-2009 to the Economics Committee, but was unable to reach agreement on whether the bills should be referred (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Commonwealth Inscribed Stock Amendment Bill 2009
- Household Stimulus Package Bill 2009
- Resale Royalty Right for Visual Artists Bill 2008
- Tax Bonus for Working Australians Bill 2009
- Tax Bonus for Working Australians (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2009.
5 February 2009
Back to top