Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 16 for 2007
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Stephen Parry (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Whip)
Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Julian McGauran
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 16 OF 2007
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 19 September 2007 at 4.18 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Child Sex Tourism Offences and Related Measures) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 10 October 2007 (see appendix 1 for statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Communications Legislation Amendment (Miscellaneous Measures) Bill 2007
- Financial Sector Legislation Amendment (Review of Prudential Decisions) Bill 2007
- Health Legislation Amendment Bill 2007
- Lands Acquisition Legislation Amendment Bill 2007
- National Health Security Bill 2007
- Parliamentary (Judicial Misbehaviour or Incapacity) Commission Bill 2007
- Privacy (Data Security Breach Notification) Amendment Bill 2007
- Stolen Generation Compensation Bill 2007
- Workplace Relations (Guaranteeing Paid Maternity Leave) Amendment Bill 2007.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered a proposal to refer the Tax Laws Amendment (2007 Measures No. 6) Bill 2007 to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee, but was unable to reach agreement on whether the bill should be referred.
20 September 2007
Back to top