Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 7 for 2007
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Stephen Parry (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 7 OF 2007
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 9 May 2007 at 3.05 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Amendment Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Committee for inquiry and report by 12 June 2007 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral) ; and
- the provisions of the Forestry Marketing and Research and Development Services Bill 2007 and the Forestry Marketing and Research and Development Services (Transitional and Consequential Provisions) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee for inquiry and report by 12 June 2007 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee considered a proposal relating to a Bill for an Act to Amend the Workplace Relations Act 1996, and for related purposes (Stronger Safety Net). The committee resolved to recommend that, upon its introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the bill be referred to the Employment, Workplace Relations and Education Committee for inquiry and report, but was unable to reach agreement on a reporting date (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2007
- Building and Construction Industry Improvement Amendment (OHS) Bill 2007
- Governance Review Implementation (Science Research Agencies) Bill 2007
- Health Insurance Amendment (Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation) Bill 2007
- Health Insurance Amendment (Inappropriate and Prohibited Practices and Other Measures) Bill 2007
- International Tax Agreements Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2007.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Workplace Relations (Restoring Family Work Balance) Amendment Bill 2007
- Repatriation of Citizens Bill 2007.
10 May 2007
AMENDMENT TO REPORT
I move the following amendment:
At the end of the motion, add:
- and, in respect of paragraph 3, the committee report on the bill by 14 June 2007; and
- the Workplace Relations (Restoring Family Work Balance) Amendment Bill 2007 also be referred to the committee for inquiry and report by 14 June 2007.
speaking time: 5 minutes per speaker)
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document | attachments | amendment |
Back to top