Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 4 for 2007
Members of the Committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Stephen Parry (Acting Chair)
Senator Ruth Webber
Selection of Bills Committee
Report No. 4 of 2007
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 20 March 2007 at 4.48 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Higher Education Legislation Amendment (2007 Measures No. 1) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Employment, Workplace Relations and Education Committee for inquiry and report by 1 May 2007 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Electoral (Greater Fairness of Electoral Processes) Amendment Bill 2007
- Farm Household Support Amendment Bill 2007
- Governance Review Implementation (Treasury Portfolio Agencies) Bill 2007
- Health Insurance Amendment (Provider Number Review) Bill 2007
- Marriage (Relationships Equality) Amendment Bill 2007
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Access to Judicial Review of Migration Decisions) Bill 2007
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Removal of Unjust Restrictions) Bill 2007
- Primary Industries and Energy Research and Development Amendment Bill 2007
- Schools Assistance (Learning Together—Achievement Through Choice and Opportunity) Amendment Bill 2007.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Information and Other Measures) Bill 2007.
21 March 2007
Back to top